Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This is Sarcoma Awareness Month

Sarcoma nonprofits and oncologists have agreed on July. But you might not know that because we don't have Congressional recognition, unlike other cancers, such as colon, ovarian, kidney, prostate -- well, pretty much everyone but sarcoma. Without official recognition, it's harder to get on calendars and such.

I've contacted the American Cancer Society, in hopes it will put us on its calendar and find a friendly legislator. Someday, I hope the people who represent us will grant us this small favor.
-- Suzie Siegel

1 comment:

MyDadisJustPassingThru said...

How interesting that I found your blog about your campagin for congressional recognition for July as Sarcoma Awareness Month. I was only looking b/c my granddaughter's mom was diagnosised with ovarian cancer just three weeks after her birth. Today being the first day of ovarian cancer awareness I was going to post an informational section on the blog I made up for my Dad. My Dad was diagnosised with Ewing Sarcoma July 13, 2010. This idea prompted the question as to if there was an official awareness month for Sarcoma Cancers. I will surely research how I might be able to assist in this cause. Thanks for your website. Please feel free to check out my blog.