Saturday, January 1, 2011

Running for support

"This winter, I am temporarily trading my paddling arms and my steering blade for my legs and a pair of running shoes," writes Aimee Spector, co-captain of our Ocean of Hope teams. As an O2H member, she will compete Jan. 15 in the Avalon 50, "one of the country's most challenging and scenic 50-mile runs."

The run will be on Catalina Island, near Los Angeles. Race Director Mike Bone promises:
No cars, no smog, just great terrain, incredible views, fascinating historical sites, a well-organized race, nice people, great food ... and even an occasional buffalo sighting.
At the end of November, Aimee wrote:
I have 50 more days to train, 50 miles to run and my goal is to raise $5,000. All of the money I raise will fund second-opinion grants, which is one of the most crucial parts of saving a sarcoma-cancer patient's life. Running 50 miles is easy compared to what a cancer patient has to go through.
To support Aimee and sarcoma patients, click here.
-- Suzie

No comments: